Cupcakes and a New Start

I must show you my cupcakes I made last weekend, I thought I had better take a photo of them before I ate them all!

Yummy Yummy...

Anyway, here another WIP, its the Beatrix Potter ABC Sampler



Most of the sampler is done except for the border and the tiny mice around the letters, so this is one I will plan to finish this year! I haven't got an update on Tuscany Town this week, because I haven't worked on it, I needed a break from it and I really wanted to start something new.

My new start is called Holiday Cookies by DMC, all I have of this chart is the black and white chart, so I have no idea of how it will look at the end, actually it's kind of fun being a mystery stitch! I have had this chart of about 10 years and I have no idea where it came from (too long ago). I am doing it on 25-count (well I think it is) and using 3 strands. I had experimented using 2 strands but 3 had better coverage. It's just nice to have something that is really easy to stitch, but I will have to enlarge the chart, even I can't see it!


(I did iron it first - really I did!)
It's a yucky day today, so it's perfect for sitting inside, with my stitching and watching some DVD's :) but at least I have a nice view looking outside the window!


I have also done some serious retail therapy, thanks to abcstitch.com (I love this place!) I have seem some fantastic samplers from Paulette at plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com. So I have brought a couple of her samplers and a few other bits and pieces that I will post on here when I get them.

Not a lot has been happening this week, I had my Time Trial on Tuesday night which went really badly! I was a minute slower than last week! Not sure what went wrong there, oh well there is always next week! lol
I was transfering all my iTunes from my old laptop to my new one and found some albums which weren't on my iPod - 3 Guns n' Roses albums! Cool! I love Guns n' Roses, perfect music to listen to when I'm out on my bike, though Axl Rose is looking a little old these days, mind you he is 50! Most of their music came out in the mid to late 80's and I was a little young to listen to it then, so I'm making up for it now! This also got me remembering all the 80's rock bands - Skid Row, Def Leppard, Poison, just to name a few. Did anyone watch the Rock of Love reality show on a couple of years ago starring the lead singer of Poison, Bret Michaels? The show was full of crass, dumb bimbos and catty women fighting over the affections of an ageing rock singer. It was so awful I couldn't stop watching it week after week! haha!  Age had not been kind to Mr Michaels...

Till next week...

Michelle

Comments

  1. How dare you malign Bret Michaels LOL!
    I used to have a Poison calendar at work and one day my boss walked passed and said "She's very attractive, who is she?"
    I was very into the NWOBHM in the 80s which was quite macho but I also loved alot of that 90's "Hair Metal" as well. All my Poison concerts are on VHS video tape so I can't watch them now :-(
    ps I actually preferred Bobby Dall, I'm not that into blonds LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love Bret! really! I must say though he was much prettier in the 80's, just like Axl...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Egypt and Egyptian Garden Mandala

Le Tour

My Little French Obssesion